Search This Blog

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Wendy's - Overcharge - 2.99 Value Meal

=======
Wendy's
=======
==========================
Overcharge - 2.99 Value Meal

==========================

Location:
4308 Sterling Commerce Drive
Plant City, FL
Phone: 813-659-8603

     PLANT CITY, FLORIDA -- On a Sunday in May we went to Wendys for the $2.99 special. I tried several times to speak to the employee about the mistake I thought he made.
     He and the manager were very rude and refuse to speak the truth about why they charged me for something I did not order.
     On Sunday afternoon I called the number on the back of the receipt and told the lady named Nicole what happened. She told me I should have a response within 2 days.
     I also tried to find an Email address to write about what happened. It was hard to find anyone to write to Wendys on the internet.
     I found 5 emails to write to. Mr. Rohan Shearer was the only one to write back at that time. I wrote to the ones he referred me to and they took about a week to reply.
     Mark Dunn said he emailed me but when I asked him for a copy of the emails he said, "I'm researching these emails as we speak" and suggested I put that question aside.
     Christopher Smith said he had tried to reach me. When I asked him how he tired to reach me, he never replied.
In the end they never explained to me how the situation was taken care of or why the employees lied to me.
I never received an apology from the employees.
The managers apologized for the incident but never answered the questions I asked.
They offered me a refund and some coupons to come back and spend more money at their place.

Michael Kribbs
Lakeland, Florida
-----------------------

The following are the emails messages that were sent:

================
To Rohan Shearer
================
Date: Sunday, May 2, 2010, 5:51 PM
From: "LEE MICHAELS"
To: rshearer@wendys.com
Subject: Wendy's Overcharge

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Me and the 86 year old man that I am taking care of decided to eat at Wendy's off of County Line Road, Plant City, Florida. When Lorenzo asked me for my order, he was difficult to speak to.
I asked for 2 of the 2.99 double burger value meal that was on the big sign on the window. He acted like he was not sure what I was talking about. So I pointed to the sign at least twice and told him I want the 2.99 double burger value meal the was on the top part of the sign.
I also asked for the .99 cent chicken sandwich.
After he took the money, I noticed he rang up a charge for 6.78. I told him again that I wanted 2 of the 2.99 double burger value meals that was on the sign and the charge should have been 5.98 not 6.78.
He tried to tell me that the 6.78 included the tax, then he went to get the manager.
The manager named Anthony came up and tried to tell me the 6.78 included the the 7 percent tax for the meals. Then I tried to ask him what was the .55 tax was for.
Anthony refused to give any correct answer. And he told me at least twice that I needed to call or take that up with the federal government. He also told me to call the number on the back of the receipt.
I kept the receipt and sat down to eat. When I opened the burger I noticed there was neither lettuce nor tomato on the double burger. I went back to the counter and spoke with a nice lady and told her I wanted the lettuce and tomato like the one on the big sign on the window. She was very nice and gave me a new burger with the lettuce and tomato.
Lorenzo and Anthony were very rude and apparently too stubborn to speak the truth concerning the additional .80 we paid for the two 2.99 value meals. 7 Percent of 5.99 should be .42 cents rounded off. That is about half of additional .80 cents I was charged.
I do not like being lied to by employees who treated me like I am too dumb to notice the truth.
I also did not like being told I had to call and take it up with the government for an .80 cent overcharge.
The situation should have been taken care of at Wendy's.
I have been eating at Wendy's since the 1970's and have never had a problem like this.
And because of the deceitful actions of Lorenzo and Anthony, I will not be eating at Wendy's anymore until the company takes care of the situation.

Michael Lee Kribbs
------------------------------------
To: tigres13_korn4life@hotmail.com
To: info@primaryaimllc.com
To: customerfeedback@hooverfoods.com
To: investor_relations@wendys.com
------------------------------------

==================
From Rohan Shearer
==================
Date: Monday, May 3, 2010 10:32 AM
From: "Rohan_Shearer@wendys.com"
To: "LEE MICHAELS"
Cc: Steve_Dunn@Wendys.com
Subject: Re: Wendy's Overcharge

Mr. Kribbs - Thanks for forwarding your concern to my attention. I actually work in the Salt Lake City area and have no oversight for any of the stores in Florida. I am going to copy this e-mail to one of my peers, Steve Dunn, who is the HR Manager for most of Florida. I'm sure he'll forward this to the appropriate party who can address your concerns.

Thanks again.
Rohan Shearer
Human Resources Manager
Mountain Plains Division
Wendy's International, Inc.
801.316.2322 direct
801.870.2396 mobile

=============
To Steve Dunn
=============
Date: Sunday, May 9, 2010 1:33 PM
From: "LEE MICHAELS"
To: Steve_Dunn@Wendys.com
Cc: Rohan_Shearer@wendys.com
Subject: Wendy's Overcharge from Sunday May 2 2010

Date: Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mr. Dunn,

It has been a week since the Wendy's incident.
As yet, I have not received any answer to the number I called last Sunday.
The 1-888-624-8140 number is on back of the ticket.
I spoke to a lady named Nicole and she said I should have an answer within 2 days.
I also posted the complaint with the Wendy's website and it said I should have an answer in 2 days.
So far there has not been any answer concerning the Wendy's employees actions.
Would you please let me know why Wendy's employees are overcharging their customers and lying about it?
I can only wonder how many times they have done this to others.

Michael Kribbs
Lakeland, Florida

==============
From Mark Dunn
==============
Date: Monday, May 10, 2010 8:21 AM
From: "mark_dunn@wendys.com"
To: mlkbusiness@yahoo.com
Cc: Bob_Hansbrough@Wendys.com
Subject: Wendys Customer Response/ 8441

Mr Kribbs,

Hope this finds you doing well, we have attempted to contact you twice now through this email address and I'm not sure we are actually getting through, First Off I would like to sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had while at one of my units, I can assure you that this has been addressed, We would very much like to refund your money as well as extend an invitation for you to visit us again at your convenience, Our on going expectation is to treat all of our guest's with the respect while ensuring your receiving the finest quality products available, If you could call my number located at the bottom of this email perhaps we can arrange for us to get a refund to you as soon as possible, Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon, Mark.

Mark Dunn
Area 180 District Manager
407 883-3052 cell
407 264-8585 fax

============
To Mark Dunn
============
Date: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 12:23 AM
From: "LEE MICHAELS"
To: mark_dunn@wendys.com
Cc: Bob_Hansbrough@Wendys.com
Subject: Re: Wendys Customer Response/ 8441

Mr. Dunn,

Thank you for your response. I'm a little confused about not receiveing the other two emails. I have been checking this email account daily and did not see the other two. Is there a way you can send a copy of the two emails you have mentioned? I would like to know what happened.

Thanks

Michael Kribbs
Lakeland, Florida

======================
From Christopher Smith
======================
Date: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 7:59 AM
From: "Christopher Smith"
To: mlkbusiness@yahoo.com
Subject: Wendy's - County Line Road

Mr. Kribbs,

Good morning sir my name is Christopher Smith. I am the general manager for the wendy's in plant city, florida at county line road. I have been trying to reach you and I hope that this will do the trick. Let me start by saying that I do appreciate that you honored my location with a visit while you were in town.
I apologize that there was an inconvience during this visit. I have looked over your letter that was forwarded to me and I can see what was the problem.
Would you please contact me on my personal cell phone 863-398-0896 so that I may speak with you concerning this matter. You may not be a regular customer with me but I can assure you that where ever you are your patronage is always special with wendy's.
Please contact me at your earliest convience.

Thank you,

Christopher Smith GM
Wendy's International

====================
To Christopher Smith
====================
Date: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 2:44 PM
From: "LEE MICHAELS"
To: "Christopher Smith"
Subject: Re: Wendy's - County Line Road

Mr. Christopher Smith,

Thank you for your response. I am not sure of how you have been trying to reach me. The Email way of communication is fine with me.
In your letter you said, " I can see what was the problem."
I am not sure what you meant by this. Were you able to look the video at Wendy's?
You also said, "You may not be a regular customer with me..."
I have been going to Wendy's for over 30 years. And this was the 3rd time I had been at the Plant City Wendy's on County Line Road for the $2.99 special. We have also been there several other times.
I would rather not use my phone number to call for privacy reasons. I would prefer that you communicate with me through the Email concerning this matter.

Thank you,

Michael Kribbs
Lakeland, Florida

==============
From Mark Dunn
==============
Date: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 11:58 AM
From: "mark_dunn@wendys.com"
To: "LEE MICHAELS"
Cc: Bob_Hansbrough@Wendys.com
Subject: Re: Wendys Customer Response/ 8441

Mr Michael's,

I'm researching these emails as we speak, putting that aside for now I would really like to really take care of refunding your purchase as well as perhaps send you some coupons for all the inconvenience we have put you through up to this point, if you could either send me a mailing address or have the ability to swing by the unit we could reconcile that portion of the incident as soon as possible.
We as a company continually strive to do the right thing daily, with that being said, we still have opportunities daily we handle, it's usually due to a team member not thinking things through, we identify these through unit visits and observations, equally important for us is when a guest takes the time to also let us know about their experiences, I can assure you we take all comments very seriously and this one is no exception, I have had meetings already with all involved as well as viewing video of that day, I have also given specific guidance to the GM, I don't anticipate this happening at this unit again, I look forward to hearing from you, Thanks, Mark..

Mark Dunn
Area 180 District Manager
407 883-3052 cell
407 264-8585 fax

============
To Mark Dunn
============
Date: 05/16/2010 11:38 PM
From: "LEE MICHAELS"
To: "mark_dunn@wendys.com"
Subject: Re: Wendy's Apology

To Wendy's

Managers have indicated they were taking care of the situation but did not tell me how the problem "has been addressed".
It seems as if they just want me to accept the refund and coupons without knowing what was said or done about the incident.
They have also apologized for the incident. Although I think apologies are great, they were not the ones who offended me. It was Lorenzo and Anthony who have offended me at my last visit to Wendy's.
I would like to return to Wendy's for many good reasons, but I can't return without knowing how the incident was taken care of.
As far as I'm concerned the best way for me to return is to have Lorenzo and Anthony apologize in writing with an explanation of why they thought it was right to tell me the 6.78 amount included the tax.
If they were to do this, then I would know they were sorry and this would not happen to me again.

Thank You,

Michael Kribbs
Lakeland, Florida

==============
From Mark Dunn
==============
Date: Monday, May 17, 2010 12:15 PM
From: "mark_dunn@wendys.com"
To: "LEE MICHAELS"
Subject: Re: Wendy's Apology

Mr Michael's,

I appreciate your wanting to understand the outcome of an internal discussion or action we have taken due to this situation, however It is the policy of Wendy's Int to address all matters concerning guest service internally, this we have done, I can not share with you our discussions or actions due to our Corp Policy.
I would like to refund your original order amount to you as soon as possible, I'm hoping you can understand our position,
My hope is that you will continue to patronize our establishment.
Thanks for your time, Mark..

Mark Dunn
Area 180 District Manager
407 883-3052 cell
407 264-8585 fax

------------------------------------------------






------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment